SpeedFactory No-Notch H-Beam Long Rod and Vitara Piston Combo D16
** The No-Notch Rods are out of stock, not discontinued. They are one of our most popular items and sell out very quickly. **
This is a combo package for SpeedFactory Racing No-Notch connecting rods and Vitara pistons for the D16 engines. This combo will bring the compression of the Vitara combo up to 8.8:1 as opposed to the standard length rod which yields 7.8:1 compression.
Proudly introducing the new SpeedFactory Racing D16 Vitara Spec No-Notch Long Connecting Rods!
Vitara piston turbo D16 builds are one of the most popular 300-500hp street Honda setups out there. Very cost effective, fun, and relatively simple to build. One thing that has always been frustrating with these builds is having to use standard length off-the shelf rods that are low compression, unnecessarily large and heavy, and require the usual block and girdle notching to use. Custom longer rods were then introduced that fixed the deck height/low compression issue, but you still had to deal with the tedious and time consuming task of block and girdle notching. Time to kiss those days goodbye!
Introducing the ultimate rod for these setups – lightweight, strong, and clears both the sleeves & girdle for unrivaled ease of use.
Optimized specifically for Vitara D16 builds they offer high strength and quality at an affordable price. The custom rod length brings the Vitara pistons up to proper deck height which gives higher compression, increased efficiency, and better spool time while being substantially lighter than other similar rods on the market.
The 2-piece forged 4340 chromoly construction provides outstanding strength and quality. Each rod is heat-treated, magnafluxed, CNC machined, and shot-peened to stress-relieve the metal. The rods have precision alignment dowels to positively locate the rod cap, maintain big end bore size, and eliminate cap walk. They feature bronze alloy pin bushings for floating wrist pins and come standard with 220,000 psi rated 3/8” ARP2000 rod bolts. Instructions and ARP Lube are included.
- Forged SAE 4340 Chromoly Steel
- 100% CNC machined
- Precision rod cap alignment dowels
- Bronze alloy pin bushings
- Multi-stage heat treated
- Shot peened to relieve stress
- Each set balanced to +/- 1 gram
- Laser etched SFR logo
- Profiled to clear most factory girdles and ZERO block notching is needed.
- 500hp rated
Engine: Honda/Acura D16 (ALL) & ZC
Material: Forged 4340 chromoly
Bolts: 3/8” ARP2000
Weight: 473 grams
Center to Center Length: 138.63mm – 5.458”
Pin End Bore: 19.02mm - 0.748”
Pin End Width: 18.2mm – 0.717”
Big End Bore: 48mm – 1.890”
Big End Width: 22.65mm – 0.892”
Vitara D16 Build Compression Ratios are as follows:
• D16 Block with D16Y8 Head - 7.8:1 standard rod (8.8:1 with our long rod)
• D16 Block with D16Z6/Y7/D15B Head - 7.6:1 standard rod (8.5:1 with our long rod)
• D16 Block with D15B7/D16A6 Head - 7.3:1 standard rod (8.1:1 with our long rod)
The pistons include: - 4 YCP Pistons,Pins, and Clips - Complete Ring Set
We have pushed the limits of these pistons on our own engines and currently hold the world record for horse power on these pistons in a stock sleeve D16Z6. We have used these in countless street engines that produce up to 400HP on a streetable pumpgas setup.
- YCP pistons are made from a much more strong cast (AC8a Grade)
- 19mm Floating Wrist pins. Will fit aftermarket D16 forged rods.
- T-6 Heat treated for even greater strength.
- Highly resistant to heat.
- Dual oil holes to provide better Wrist Pin Lubrication.
- Teflon coating to provide smoother running, increase piston life, improve cylinder sealing for less blow by and more power, reduce friction.
- Help prevent damage from inadequate lubrication, Especially during cold start-ups.
RECOMMENDED PISTON AND RING CLEARANCES
Piston To Wall Clearance: .0025"
Top Piston Ring End Gap: .020" - .024"
Second Piston Ring End Gap: .020" - .024"
Oil Control Rings End Gap: .015" MINIMUM