The unique matrix of Darton's centrifugally cast nodular iron sleeves provides unexcelled surface toughness. Darton's unique casting process provides a bore finish which, while very tough, promotes quick and total piston ring seal for the most complete combustion possible from each cylinder. Darton pioneered modular sleeve designs and specialty ductile iron material beginning with their manufacture of top fuel sleeves in 1978.
Darton sleeves excel in the harsh environment of all-out racing. Their centrifugally cast nodular composition represents the highest quality of any cast material.
- Bulletproof Darton ductile iron
- High boost and horsepower potential
- 130,000-psi tensile strength
- Cast iron performance in an aluminum block
- Superior cylinder sealing and ring wear
- Improved block integral strength & cooling
- Street or strip application