OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES
THIS PROMOTION IS VALID ONLY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW.
VOID IN THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC & WHERE PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE OR ACCEPTANCE OF A PRODUCT OFFER WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ELIGIBILITY: (The “Giveaway” or “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec) who are licensed drivers and legal age of majority (18 Years or Older) in their jurisdiction of residence. Employees of SpeedFactory LLC (the “Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion partners and internet agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, and agents (collectively "Released Parties") and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and grandparent) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. The Giveaway is void in the province of Quebec and where prohibited. All federal, state, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
PROMOTION PERIOD: The Giveaway begins on Friday 2/3/2023 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT (noon) on Friday, 2/17/2023 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway. Winner will be drawn on or about Friday, 2/17/2023.
TWO WAYS TO ENTER:
- Automatic With Purchase: During the Promotion Period, eligible entrants will automatically receive TEN (10) entries for every $10 USD spent in one transaction on an eligible purchase at www.speedfactoryracing.net (the “Website”). If a purchase is returned or voided prior to the drawing, entry/ies associated with that purchase will be voided. All purchases are subject to Sponsor’s return policy. Your purchase transaction must be received by 11:59:59 PM PT on 2/17/2023 to be eligible to receive entries. No limit on the number of entries received with a purchase. By entering via the Website, you consent to receive email communications from the Sponsor.
- No Purchase Necessary. To receive one (1) entry without making a purchase, on a plain piece of 3”x5” paper, hand print your complete first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), e-mail address plus daytime telephone number including area code. Then, on the opposite side of your entry, in at least 20 words complete the sentence: “I want to win the SpeedFactory Honda EK Hatchback because…”. Mail your entry in a #10 business-size envelope with first-class postage affixed, to: SpeedFactory Giveaway Entry, P.O. BOX 9524, Tacoma, WA 98490 USA. Your outer-mailing envelope must include a valid return address, which includes a complete first and last name. Mailed entries received without a verifiable and legible return address will be deemed incomplete and invalid. Limit one entry per outer-mailing envelope. Bulk shipments (multiple entries in one shipping package) will not be accepted. Mail-in entry, including outer-mailing envelope must be handwritten. No mechanically reproduced entries or metered mail permitted. Statements contained in mail-in entries will not be judged but must be unique; Statements must not in any way reflect negatively upon Sponsor, the Promotion or any other person or entity. Entries that are postmarked by 2/8/2023 and received by Friday, 2/17/2023 will be eligible for the drawing. Each mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry, provided that the mail-in entry complies with the above requirements.
- Mail-in entries that are not in the format specified above, that are illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, or reproduced via photocopier or otherwise will be considered null and void. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Not responsible for lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, postage-due entries or entries not received by the deadline. All material submitted becomes property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No correspondence will be acknowledged or entered into; requests for confirmation of receipt of mail-in entries will not be acknowledged.
- Throughout the Promotion Period, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may announce on www.speedfactoryracing.net, and/or on its social media pages, opportunities to earn additional entries, via a purchase on specific promotional packages.
RANDOM DRAWING: A random drawing to select one (1) winner will be conducted on or about 2/17/2023, from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be made using an online random number service. Decisions of the Sponsor are final. Odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Prize award is subject to eligibility verification. Potential winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release along with a copy of his/her valid driver’s license; Canadian residents must also correctly answer a time limited mathematical skill question (without assistance of any kind); U.S. residents will be required to complete and return a W-9 Tax form on which they must provide their social security number to be used solely for tax reporting purposes (collectively “Documents”). All completed Documents must be returned within 3 days (including Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays) of attempted delivery of same. Failure to return required Documents or respond to a notification within the time specified or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event a potential winner is deemed ineligible, fails to comply with the Official Rules or is unable to claim the prize as specified, the potential winner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected. Prize award is contingent on eligibility verification and potential winner completing and returning all required Documents. Only three (3) random drawings to select an alternate winner (if necessary) will be conducted, after which the applicable prize will remain unawarded.
SCAM ALERT: We do not use social media to contact winners of the Giveaways we offer on www.speedfactoryracing.net. Winners are NOT required to pay a processing fee or any type of tax or special handling fee in order to receive a prize. If you receive a phone call, letter, email or a direct message on social media from someone that states you have won a prize and you need to send money before receiving your prize, it is a SCAM. Never release your credit card or banking information.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”). PRIZE VALUE STATED IN U.S. DOLLARS (USD):
One Grand Prize – winner will receive a modified 1996 Honda Civic Hatchback valued at approximately $20,000 USD.
There Is No Cash Prize Option For This Sweepstakes.
Additional disclosures for prize vehicle - Winner will be solely responsible for any applicable licensing, insurance, title and registration fees and any other expenses not specified herein, including but not limited to costs incurred by winner related to the acceptance, pickup/transport or use of a prize. Winner must agree to pick up (or arrange transport for the pick-up of) prize vehicle at Sponsor-specified location (SpeedFactory Racing LLC, 5001 S Burlington Way, Suite A, Tacoma, WA 98409) in the United States within thirty (30) days of notification of availability from the Sponsor; failure to take delivery within 30 days of availability could cause prize to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate. If the vehicle is to be picked up by a transport company, all arrangements must be made by the winner. Winner must have a valid driver’s license which permits operation of prize vehicle in the winner’s state/province/territory of residence and evidence of legally required insurance prior to taking delivery. Winner must possess required travel documents (e.g., a government-issued ID, passport), as applicable. In the event winner is unable to take delivery of the prize vehicle, winner will be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor reserves the right to provide a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. No substitutions or transfer of prize by winner permitted. The prize vehicle will be awarded “AS IS” without warranty by Sponsor of any kind. Winner acknowledges that Sponsor has not made nor is in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize offered in this Giveaway, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Vehicle may not meet safety or emissions testing required in some states, provinces, and/or counties/municipalities. Winner is responsible to check their state/province/county for applicable emissions requirements and safety inspection requirements prior to accepting prize and must use vehicle in accordance with those regulations. Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize.
Winner will be solely responsible for any applicable federal, state, and local taxes/duties and any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein. The value of the prize is taxable as income; if the Grand Prize winner is a resident of the U.S., the winner will receive an IRS form 1099 for the value of the prize as stated herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner permitted. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- RELEASE: Entrants/winner agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties (SpeedFactory LLC), and their respective successors and assigns from and against any claim or cause of action or liability (including but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property) arising out of participation in the Giveaway or acceptance/receipt/travel to and/or from prize pick up location/use or misuse of the prize, or the use of any Giveaway-related photo/video/entry, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s representatives, which are final. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotional materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of the prize.
- By accepting a prize, winner understands and agrees that he/she may be videotaped, recorded and/or photographed as part of a prize award ceremony. Rights to any prize ceremony video, audio and/or photo belong solely to the Sponsor and can be used in any media throughout the world in perpetuity and in any manner at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation to the winner or any third party.
NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Released Parties are not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mis transcribed phone/e-mail/internet transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if for any reason, the Giveaway is undermined by any event beyond the Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic/pandemic, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any force majeure event or if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/it’s agencies, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and a drawing to award the Grand Prize will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. The failure of the Released Parties to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, epidemic/pandemic, act of public enemies or any act outside of the Sponsor’s control/force majeure event, will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the entrant, entry will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the online order form or mail-in entry. Any damage made to the Website by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: All questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Giveaway, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington without regard to its choice of laws or conflict of law provisions. CLAIMS MAY NOT BE RESOLVED THROUGH ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. By participating, Entrants irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of Washington for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Giveaway. Entrant agrees that any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including any costs associated with participation in this Giveaway but in no event attorneys' fees; and under no circumstances will Entrants/Winner be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants/Winner hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages or any other damages other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- WINNER(S) LIST: The name of the Grand Prize Winner will be announced on the Website and/or on Sponsor’s social media channels on or about 2/17/2023, or after the Grand prize winner has been verified.
SPONSOR: SpeedFactory LLC, 5001 S Burlington Way, Tacoma WA 98409 USA. Mail-In entries will not be accepted at this address.
Manufacturer of the prize vehicle offered is not a Sponsor or participant in this Giveaway and no association or endorsement is implied.Copyright 2023 SpeedFactory LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the Entrant’s personal use only.