Hybrid Racing Clutch Release System Upgrade (K-Swap EG/DC/EK, 02-06 RSX, 02-15 Civic, 04-08 TSX)
- Helps to eliminate grinds during hard shifts
- Genuine Honda parts - not reproductions
- Stainless steel braided clutch line
- Improves the feel of gear changes
- OEM Slave Cylinder (NON-DAMPENED)
COMPLETE CLUTCH RELEASE SYSTEM UPGRADE
This kit is intended to replace all of the clutch release components which will give you the most direct and reliable clutch pedal feel. Master cylinder, slave cylinder, and clutch line.
Factory clutch master cylinders in the newer cars are known to be rather unreliable and because of their poor design and quality, it can lead to premature failures of critical parts throughout the drivetrain.
High RPM grinds are mostly attributed to the OE master cylinders' inability to transfer fluid effectively to the slave cylinder, thus causing grinding and rasping of the gears and synchros since the clutch disk hasn’t fully disengaged.
Upgrading the clutch master cylinder and clutch line to our CMC kit changes the system to an older, more direct, and efficient system. This improvement allows the driver to feel a more consistent and direct clutch pedal which also improves shifting at high RPMs.
CLUTCH SLAVE CYLINDER
We only use and sell OEM quality parts. This NISSIN brand slave cylinder works on all 01-15 Honda K-Series transmissions and does NOT have a clutch delay valve or dampener. Clutch delay valves reduce the driveline shock to the transmission during hard or fast gear changes, but the slow response can also mean missed or locked shifts which can ultimately damage your gears or synchros.
Read through our instructions to get an idea of what it takes to get your gear change issues fixed once and for all. Also, consider upgrading your shifter cables or cable bushings for an even more direct and crisp gear change.
As a side note, this kit will not fix a broken or damaged transmission... we're not magicians
NOTE Some modifications to the part may be necessary to install based on your application.
WE RECOMMEND using OEM Honda MTF in your manual transmission. Use a DOT4 or high temp brake fluid in your clutch fluid system. Change the fluid often (every brake fluid service or when the fluid becomes cloudy)
- x1 OEM Nissin EM1 Clutch Master Cylinder
- x1 Stainless steel braided clutch line
- x2 Banjo fitting with washers
- x1 OEM NISSIN Slave Cylinder (non-dampened)
- 2002-2005 Civic Si
- 2006-2011 Civic Si
- 2004-2008 Acura TSX 6spd MT
- 2002-2006 Acura RSX 5&6spd MT
- 2012-2015 Civic Si
- Does not fit RHD cars.
- K-Swapped cars - EG / DC / EK cars using the K-Series transmission. In these applications this is a 100% bolt-on kit, you DO NOT change the rod or clevis before installing.
- View Install Guide HERE